About the job
Job Title: Dual-Skill Maintenance Engineer Electrical Bias
Location: Rochester, Cliffe
Salary: £44,000 w/ OT available.
Job type: Full Time
Brett is the UK’s largest independently owned building materials Group with over 60 sites across the South, South East, East and Midlands and employing over 700 people.
Part of the Brett Group, Brett Landscaping and Building Products produces and supplies a variety of hard landscaping and building products including block and decorative paving, decorative aggregates, and specialist kerbs. Primarily distributed through builders’ merchants and garden centres, all our products are backed by technical and product expertise.
Overseas candidates will NOT be considered for this role. We are not sponsoring Visa’s at this time, so please refrain from applying unless eligible to work in the UK
- Overall focus on breakdown response to reduce machine downtime as much as possible
- Increase efficiency through thorough execution of planned maintenance schedules
- All aspects of facility work carried out by on-site team where possible
- Help maintain quality of engineering stores via correct usage and communications
- Good demonstration of self-motivated continuous improvement
- Utilising CMMS for planned and unplanned maintenance
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with customer depts
- Assist with implementation of engineering projects/cost effective repairs
- Complete appreciation/respect of overall health and safety at work
- Time served apprenticeship/Level 3 NVQ or equivalent in maintenance engineering with electrical bias
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Good Fault finding skills
- Experience with PPM and TPM systems
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Full driving license
- True Independent company trading for over 100 years
- / Hr Starting wage increasing with skills
- Overtime paid at x1.5 after 8 hours daily, Double time rates for Sundays.
- Opportunity for training and development, great career progression opportunities
- 25 days flexible annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Excellent contributory pension scheme (including option to contribute via salary sacrifice) with corresponding Employer contributions up to 11 %
- Free death-in-service life cover
- Employee assistance helplines
- All workwear / PPE provided
- Access to Cycle to work scheme
- Access to SimplyHealth Cash Benefit Healthcare Scheme
- Staff Discounts
With a reputation for excellence, we offer superb development opportunities to people keen to be a part of our continued growth. As an independent business we can offer real job satisfaction in an environment which encourages you to contribute, supports you in getting the job done and enables you to become part of a team that delivers building materials for big ideas.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Electrician, Commercial Electrician, Domestic Electrician, Industrial Electrician, Mobile Electrician, Experienced Electrician, Qualified Electrician, Approved Electrician, Electrical, Electrical Engineer, Multi Skilled Electrical Technician, Maintenance Electrician, Industrial Electrician, Installation Electrician, Electrical Installation, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Installation Engineer, Electrical Tester, Machine Electrician, Field Service Electrician, Industrial Electrician, City and Guilds Electrical Installation may also be considered.